Disclosures: I received a Smart Security Light with Camera in exchange for my honest review. The product links below may contain affiliate links. I receive a small percentage if you purchase via those links. However, this in no way changes the price for you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
A residential security system used to be an expensive luxury that many couldn’t afford. Nowadays, though, many homeowners can not only buy them, but also install them themselves. And this awesome technology can be conveniently accessed from a mobile device. Technology is amazing!
I recently installed the Array By Hampton Smart Security Light with Camera on my home. This unit installs the same as a typical exterior floodlight and connects to your device via mobile app. It also works with Amazon Alexa Show or Google Smart Display Assistant.
A 16GB micro SD card (not included) inserted into the camera will provide approximately 16 hours of continuous recording or 100 days of event base recording. It will record over itself when full.
Read on to learn more about this fixture and the installation process.
- Enbrighten LED Flex Light: Perfect Office Desk Accent
- How To Install ProLink Under Cabinet LED Lights
- DIY Project: Hide Unsightly TV Cables With Legrand
Array By Hampton Smart Security Light with Camera Details
Lights. Camera. Action! This smart security light with camera allows you to enhance your security with the help of floodlights and a 1080P HD camera. Monitor your driveway, front door, or any other exterior areas of your home directly from the Array by Hampton App. The 270° motion detection angle with adjustable sensitivity notifies you when movement is detected, making sure to send alerts that matter. Two-way audio enables you to talk and listen to family and friends through your iOS or Android phone or tablet in real-time. Infrared technology lets you see what’s going on, even at night. Works with Amazon Alexa Show or Google Smart Display Assistant.– Array By Hampton
- Clear image with 1080P high-definition camera.
- Gives 270-degree motion detection angle: Receive alerts when movement is detected.
- 2-Way voice: Talk and listen through the device’s built-in speakers and microphone with the Array by Hampton App.
- See up to 24 feet with night vision-infrared technology.
- Connects to your home’s Wi-Fi. (2.4GHz)
- View and control your device with Amazon Alexa Show or Google Smart Display Assistant.
How To Install
Disclaimer: I am not a licensed electrician, but I do have several thousand hours of electrical experience. If you have any questions or doubts, do not hesitate to consult a licensed electrician before proceeding.
How to Install the Array By Hampton Smart Security Light with Camera
- Shut off power to the floodlight electrical box at the breaker. Confirm there’s no power at the box with a tester pen.
- Insert a Class 10 or higher micro SD card (not included) in the slot located on the back of the camera. Format the card to FAT32 before use.
- Install the security light/camera onto the electrical box. Follow the connection instructions listed in the included installation manual.
- The position of the lights and camera can be adjusted to suit your needs.
- Flip the breaker back on.
- Make sure power is on at the light/camera. A light switch may need to be turned on.
- Install the mobile app and set up camera. Again, follow the setup instructions listed in the manual.
- Disclaimer: I am not a licensed electrician, but I do have several thousand hours of electrical experience. If you have any questions or doubts, do not hesitate to consult a licensed electrician before proceeding.
- Thoroughly read the entire installation manual included in the packaging before proceeding.
- Make sure your device is connected to your wireless router connection.
- The camera only works with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.
- Do not connected this fixture to a dimmer switch or a timer.
- A micro SD card is not included but is required for continuous recording. (Not required for live streaming)