The chain saw can remain running when the switch is on the off position or turn on when plugged in, posing an injury hazard to the user. Read additional details about this recall below.
- DEWALT DWS780 12″ Miter Saw Review
- DEWALT Atomic DCF809C2 Impact Driver Kit Review
- DEWALT POWERSTACK Batteries: Lighter, More Powerful
DEWALT DWCS600 Recall Details
- Recall date: January 26, 2022
- Recall #22-059
- No injuries have been reported.
- This chainsaw was sold at hardware and tool supply stores nationwide from June 2021 through November 2021 for between $130 and $150.
- This recall involves the DEWALT DWCS600, Type 1 18-inch 15-amp corded chain saws. The chain saws are yellow with a black handle and motor cover. Only chain saws with date codes 2021 23-H5 to 2021 40-H5 are affected by this recall. The date code is stamped on the bottom of the chain saw, behind the chain/bar. DEWALT and 18-in. are written on the blade.
- Contact DEWALT if your chainsaw does not have a date code or you cannot locate it.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled chain saws and contact DEWALT to receive a pre-paid shipping label to return the product directly to DEWALT in order to receive a free replacement chain saw.
If your chainsaw is affected, STOP USING IT IMMEDIATELY, and call toll free 1-855-474-5875 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, or e-mail: [email protected] for information about a replacement chainsaw.