As one who spent thousands of hours on countless jobsites, I know how tiresome it is to haul around heavy power tools all day. They made my overall job easier, sure, but at the end of the day I was ready to pack them up. The batteries were especially to blame.
Over the years, power tool batteries have slowly become more powerful and more compact. As an owner of DEWALT tools for more than 20 years, I can definitely appreciate the difference between the newer tools I have now vs. the larger ones I had in the past.
Not surprisingly, DEWALT continues to innovate with the upcoming DCBP034 20V MAX POWERSTACK battery. DEWALT POWERSTACK promises to be a lighter, more powerful, and longer lasting battery, thanks to pouch cell technology.
Read on for more details!
- DEWALT 18V NiCad Battery To Be Discontinued
- New Release: DEWALT XTREME Circular Saw
- DEWALT Atomic DCF809C2 Impact Driver Kit Review
DEWALT POWERSTACK Battery
DEWALT DCBP034 20V MAX POWERSTACK battery features and specifications:
- Capacity: 1.7 AH
- Height: 1.7 in
- Length: 4.1 in
- Weight: 0.7 lbs
- Battery works with all DEWALT 20V MAX tools and chargers (Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18).
- 50% more power in a 25% more compact battery (power vs. DCB203 battery, not in application; footprint vs. DCB203 battery).
- Battery provides 2X lifetime (charge cycles vs DCB203 battery).
- Durable, overmolded base provides impact resistance.
- LED fuel gauge displays state-of-charge.
Press Release Details
With the DEWALT POWERSTACK™ battery, DEWALT is the world’s first major power tool brand to use pouch cell batteries designed for the construction industry. This revolutionary design delivers the lightest and most powerful compact battery from DEWALT3. In addition, the battery includes several features to optimize functionality. The battery pack has a LED fuel gauge that displays the battery’s state-of-charge, helping the end user avoid unplanned work stoppages, and is designed with a durable, non-marring rubber overmold that provides impact resistance while helping to protect finished surfaces. The battery is ideal for cutting, drilling and fastening applications, precision and finishing tasks, and when working in tight spaces. The DEWALT POWERSTACK™ 20V MAX* Compact Battery is compatible with all DEWALT 20V MAX* tools and chargers in the 20V MAX* system.– DEWALT
I can’t wait to get my hands on this new battery! The DEWALT DCBP034 20V MAX POWERSTACK battery should be available to buy in December 2021.