Disclosure: This article is sponsored by Gorilla. The product links below may contain affiliate links. I receive a small percentage if you purchase via those links. However, this in no way changes the price for you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For years, we’ve owned an old birdbath but have kept in in storage because it has several cracks which prevented it from holding water. I thought about just getting rid of it, but ultimately held on to it.
As it happens, The Gorilla Glue Company recently contacted me to see if I had a DIY project that could involve using their clear Waterproof Patch and Seal Spray. I immediately thought about my birdbath! I’ve used Gorilla Glue for years and am a firm believer in the strength of their adhesives. Surely a patch and seal would work just as well as their glue.
Read on to learn more about this rubberized coating and my personal experience in using it.
- How To Build A Cardboard Box Drone Base
- DIY Project: Cardboard Box Gas Station
- How To Reface Kitchen Cabinets
Gorilla Waterproof Patch and Seal Spray Features
Gorilla Waterproof Patch and Seal Spray is available at:
Gorilla Waterproof Patch & Seal Spray is a flexible, rubberized coating that seals out water, air and moisture. The applicator nozzle has a controlled spray pattern providing a clean, even coat. Once applied, the self-leveling formula smoothly covers small gaps and cracks ensuring a watertight seal. When dried, Gorilla Waterproof Patch & Seal Spray is paintable and temperature resistant resulting in lasting repairs!– Gorilla
- Seals out water, air, and moisture.
- Controlled spray pattern.
- Temperature resistant.
- Creates a protective coating.
- Use On: Roofs, Gutters, Skylights, Flashing, Chimneys*, PVC Pipe Joints, Windows, RVs, DIY projects and more.
- Great For: Metal, Concrete, Wood, Aluminum, Brick, Tile, Fabric, Rubber**, Glass and more.
- *For exterior use only. Not intended for inside of firebox or chimney stack.
- **May not work for all types of plastics and rubbers
- Application Temperature: 50°F to 90°F
- Service Temperature: -40°F to 160°F
- Indoor/Outdoor: Yes
- UV/Sunlight Resistant: No
- Paintable: Yes
- Flammable: Yes
- Cured Color: Clear
- Solvent Resistant: No
You can watch me use the Gorilla Waterproof Patch and Seal Spray in my Instagram Reel.
It’s really easy to use. Simply clean the surface and make sure it’s thoroughly dry. Shake the can and spray 8″ to 12″ inches from the surface. Add additional coats, allowing the spray the cure 24 hours in-between coats. Once fully cured, I filled the birdbath with water, and… success! No more leaks.
I did find that the spray tip tended to clog rather quickly. When that happened, I turned the can upside down and sprayed out some of the clear gas until the nozzle was unclogged.
In my experience, this is a great product to use for sealing up cracks in a concrete birdbath. I would have confidence using on the other listed surfaces as well.