Disclosure: The product links below may contain affiliate links. I receive a small percentage if you purchase via those links. However, this in no way changes the price for you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
You probably know the importance of changing an engine air filter, but did you know that your vehicle likely has a cabin air filter as well? The cabin air filter helps to purify the air inside your vehicle. This is especially important for those who suffer from allergies do to pollen and other irritants.
Like any filter, the cabin air filter should be changed regularly. I normally change mine when I change my engine air filter.
In this article, I’ll show you how to change a minivan’s cabin air filter, which is typically accessible behind the glove box. This particular vehicle is a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT.
- How To Change A Minivan Engine Air Filter
- Removing A Broken Oil Dipstick From Engine
- DIY Tow Hitch Install: 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan
Tools, Supplies, and Steps
I’ve linked to several different retailers below for your convenience. I encourage you to shop around as I’ve found that each item may sell for less at a different retailer.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
How To Change A Minivan Cabin Air Filter
- Open the glove box and remove all contents.
- Unlatch the small cord on the left side of glove box compartment. Do this by pushing down on the cable clip and pushing it out. It’s ok if it retracts behind the box compartment.
- Push the back of the glove box back; while it’s pushed back, push in the left then right side of the glove box so the two knobs on each side will clear.
- Remove the cabin filter housing door.
- Remove the old air filter. Pay attention to how the air filter sits correctly in the housing and which direction the “air flow” arrow on the filter is pointing.
- Vacuum out any dirt and debris inside the air filter housing.
- Insert the new air filter. Note the direction of the “air flow” arrow on the filter.
- Reattach the cabin filter housing door.
- Reinstall the glove box compartment: Reattach the small cord, then push in the sides to the two knobs are able to go back in place.
Changing The Minivan Cabin Air Filter
Just like the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan engine air filter, as you look at the Steps above, you’ll see that this is an easy project.
You can grab the type of cabin air filter you need from the retailers above. They have a search feature that will allow you to select a cabin air filter based upon the vehicle you own. You can also get them in-store as well. Any auto parts store will help you choose the right one, or you can use the printed or computer guides found in the automotive section of retailers like Walmart.
Any DIYer should be able to handle this project. If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments below!