Disclosure: This article is sponsored by Jasco. The product links below may contain affiliate links. I receive a small percentage if you purchase via those links. However, this in no way changes the price for you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
- Tools, Supplies, PPE, and Steps
- ProLink Under Cabinet LED Lights Overview
- Welcome To Our New Kitchen!
As a former electrician, I installed thousands of lighting fixtures in new construction homes of all sizes. From small 1000 sq. ft. homes to massive ones over 10,000 sq. ft., I dealt with fixtures of all sorts.
One common light fixture that I installed no matter the size of the house is the under cabinet light. Simply put, the under cabinet light adds a stunning accent like no other fixture. It completely changes the look and feel of a kitchen, or anywhere else cabinets are placed in a home.
I recently partnered with Jasco, which is an industry leader in home electronics, to install some of their ProLink plug-in LED under cabinet lights in our kitchen. Read on to see my installation experience.
- Related Article: Enbrighten LED Flex Light: Perfect Office Desk Accent
Tools, Supplies, PPE, and Steps
Personal Protective Equipment
3M Safety Glasses
Related Article: PPE: DIYers Should Use Personal Protective Equipment
Time needed: 2 hours.
How To Install ProLink Under Cabinet LED Lights
- Measure underneath your upper cabinets to determine what length fixtures you’ll need. Ensure that the 5′ power cord will reach the nearest outlet.
- Place the fixture at the desired mounting location and place two pencil marks inside the keyholes where the mounting screws will be located.
- Set the fixture aside and drill two pilot holes. Use a 1/16″ drill bit for soft wood or a 3/32″ drill bit for hard wood cabinets.
- Insert the screws just enough so the fixture can still slide via the keyholes to attach to them.
- Tighten the screws and place the two plastic covers over the keyholes.
- Connect the main power cord to both the fixture and the power outlet. You may need to attach metal wire strap to the bottom of the cabinet to lift and hide any excess wire.
- (Optional) You can link to additional fixtures by using the included 18″ linking cord.
ProLink Under Cabinet LED Lights Overview
- ProLink Light Fixture: Provides 2040 Lumens of stunning white light, a sleek, modern style and a multitude of ways to personalize your space that is perfect for kitchens, offices and much more.
- Premium Illumination: Easily change the color temperature from warm white (3000K), cool white (4000K) and daylight (5000K) to fit your preference-scores an impressive 97 on the color-rendering index (CRI) that showcases the room’s true, natural colors.
- Streamlined Install: All the hardware you need to install the light is conveniently included inside of the box-simply mount the fixture and plug it into a nearby outlet.
- Endless Customization: Link multiple fixtures together using the included linking cord for extended reach or the linking plug for end-to-end installation-use with innovative ProLink add-on modules such as dimming, motion-sensing, remote, USB and direct-wire.
- Lifetime LED: This ProLink product is created to last and UL-listed for peace of mind.
These ProLink under cabinet LED lights are very lightweight, easy to work with, and easy to install. There are direct wire ProLink under cabinet fixtures as well that provide a clean look that don’t require an outlet, but these plug-in versions are great for someone who wants to mount, plug-in, and go.
I love the three color temperature options! Simply flip a switch to change the color of the light.
I’ve outlined the installation process in the Steps tab above. There’s also printed directions included in the package that’s very easy to follow. I’ve installed hundreds of under cabinet lights and I think these are the easiest ones I’ve ever installed.
If you have space to install several fixtures side-by-side, you can link the fixtures with the included linking cord. This will save you from having to plug in each fixture into an outlet individually.
Welcome To Our New Kitchen!
Under cabinet lighting is a gorgeous addition to any kitchen. Jasco ProLink fixtures make this an easy DIY transformation for any homeowner. Head over to The Home Depot, either in store or online, and get your under cabinet lights today!