Disclosure: This article is sponsored by Jeffrey Court.
Table of Contents
- First, A Look At What Was
- Final Reveal Photos
- Renovation Projects Completed
- Final Thoughts
After six short weeks of an intense kitchen renovation, it’s now time to reveal the results of my work! While I did nearly all of the work myself, my wife and kids were able to break away from schooling at times to give me a hand.
Taking on a renovation with a six-week deadline has been one of the most challenging things I’ve ever done. Don’t forget, as a content creator, I’m also documenting, gathering photos and video, and producing weekly renovation challenge blog articles. Not to mention the daily social media posts.
I’ve worked 12+ hours a day for nearly the entire six weeks. I have no doubt that the other DIYers put in an equal amount of time and effort. We’re all exhausted, but it’s been for such an amazing event! Jeffrey Court has produced an AWESOME renovation challenge, which is also sponsored by FrogTape and Wagner SprayTech.
This renovation challenged pushed me as a DIYer and as a person in many ways, and I’m so thankful that Jeffrey Court chose me to participate.
So, without further ado, I want to present my Jeffrey Court Fall Renovation Challenge, Season 6 final reveal!
Jeffrey Court Renovation Challenge Articles
- I’m A Jeffrey Court Renovation Challenge Finalist! (Week 1)
- Kitchen Demo Time: Jeffrey Court Renovation Challenge (Week 2)
- I Can’t Stop Adding Projects To Our Kitchen Renovation! (Week 3)
- Renovation Issues: Expect The Unexpected (Week 4)
- Time To Install Jeffrey Court Glass Mosaic Tile! (Week 5)
- Jeffrey Court Fall Renovation Challenge Final Reveal (Week 6)
First, A Look At What Was
The photo above is what our kitchen looked like in 2018. We used the kitchen in that state for over three years. The opportunity for renovation arose in 2018, when brand partnerships started to really pick up steam for this blog.
Since that year, I’ve been able to, over time, change everything about our kitchen. Major brands such as The Home Depot, BEHR, Gorilla Glue, RYOBI, QUIKRETE, and more have joined me on this renovation journey, and it’s been a fun ride.
Jeffrey Court Renovation Challenge
Back in August 2021, I received an email that caused me to jump for joy out of my desk chair. Out of over a thousand applicants, Jeffrey Court had picked me as a finalist in season 6 of their Fall Renovation Challenge.
My kitchen had come a long way in three years, but it was time to take it to the next level. Jeffery Court tile is a world-class product that transforms homes every day. They, along with co-sponsors FrogTape and Wagner SprayTech, are a home renovation dream team.
As the name suggests, this new renovation opportunity is a “challenge” in every way, but it’s so worth it, as you’ll see in the photos below.
Final Reveal Photos
Scroll through the slideshow above to see shots of the final reveal.
We still can’t believe how amazing this kitchen looks!
Renovation Projects Completed
Here’s a list of what I was able to complete during the past six weeks.
- Remove the existing backsplash and drywall beneath.
- Tear out the existing range hood, cabinet above the range, and panel accent above that cabinet.
- Take down the existing large ceiling light cover and florescent lighting.
- Run three new GFCI protected countertop receptacle circuits.
- Prewire for future switched undercabinet lighting.
- Prewire for future recessed can lighting.
- Move the ceiling light location and run a new switch leg for it.
- Run new dedicated circuits for the fridge, range hood, toaster oven, and kitchen/dining lighting.
- Move the kitchen and dining room switches to a new location.
- Install concrete board backing for the new tile backsplash.
- Install and grout new Jeffrey Court glass mosaic tile.
- Refinish, texture, and paint the entire kitchen ceiling.
- Dismantle several pallets, mill the wood planks, and install them above the cabinets and paint them.
- Refinish the side of the cabinet next to the range hood.
- Install and paint new crown molding.
- Install a new chandelier.
- Sand down the existing concrete countertops and apply a new food-safe gloss epoxy coating.
- Install a new wall-mounted range hood.
- Built a new window sill and installed shelving for window plants.
- Various trim pieces installed.
- Caulk, everywhere.
Of course, there were countless hours of planning involved and several trips to The Home Depot via their curbside pickup.
First and foremost, I want to again thank Jeffrey Court for selecting me to be a part of this amazing renovation challenge, and for supplying my gorgeous Hampton Cove glass mosaic tile.
Thank you FrogTape for providing painter’s tape that I needed for this project. And thank you Wagner SprayTech for providing your new FLEXiO 3500 sprayer.
It was an honor to work alongside the 13 other awesome DIYers in the renovation challenge. We are all competing for a sweet prize, but we all won in my book. Be sure to check out their blogs: