Disclosure: The product links below may contain affiliate links. I receive a small percentage if you purchase via those links. However, this in no way changes the price for you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A biscuit joiner (or plate joiner) is an essential tool for many woodworkers. It’s used to join two pieces of wood together, such as the wood slabs that make up a tabletop. Basically, the biscuit joiner has a circular blade that cuts a crescent-shaped slot to which a wooden “biscuit”, along with wood glue, is inserted. Slots are cut into another wood slab, again and again, and eventually the slabs are all joined together and clamped.
There are many different brand biscuit joiners available at different prices. A new one on the market is the DEWALT DCW682 20V MAX cordless brushless biscuit joiner, available the end of May 2022. The features and specs of this new woodworking tool are listed below.
- New: DEWALT ATOMIC DCN623D1 23 Ga. Pin Nailer Kit
- New Release: DEWALT XTREME Circular Saw
- DEWALT POWERSTACK Batteries: Lighter, More Powerful
DEWALT DCW682 Biscuit Joiner Details
The DCW682 20V MAX* Biscuit Joiner (tool only), part of DEWALT’s XR(TM) premium lineup of tools, delivers powerful and consistent cutting performance in a wide range of wood-based materials. Users can achieve accurate results with #0, #10, and #20 biscuits (all sold separately) using the tool-free adjustment features. At just 5.5 lbs. (tool only), the biscuit joiner will be a handy addition to any shop or jobsite. Battery and charger sold separately. * Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18.– DEWALT
- Brushless motor provides powerful and consistent cutting performance for most common biscuit sizes.
- Achieve accurate results with dual rack & pinion fence design along with tool-free depth, height, and bevel adjustments.
- Depth selection knob allows users to easily adjust between #0, #10, #20 biscuits (sold separately).
- Integral fence allows users to quickly and easily adjust the bevel capacity from 0 -90°.
- Paddle switch design accommodates left and right-handed users.
- Electric Brake quickly stops the blade after the trigger is released.
- Retractable anti-slip pins assist holding material in place.
- Compatible with DEWALT’s AirLock™ system or a standard 35 mm dust extractor to minimize dust during cutting (system and extractor sold separately).
- Compatible with all DEWALT 20V MAX* Batteries (sold separately).
- 20V MAX* XR® BRUSHLESS CORDLESS BISCUIT JOINER (Tool Only)
- 4″ Blade
- Airlock® Compatible Dust Port
- Angled Dust Port
- Dust Bag
- Spanner Wrench
- T20 Torx Wrench