Disclosure: This article is sponsored by Plaid. The product links below may contain affiliate links. I receive a small percentage if you purchase via those links. However, this in no way changes the price for you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
- Tools, Supplies, and PPE
- Plaid Paint Bedroom Decor
Using Plaid paint is a fun way to add a bit of color to any space in the home. We recently redecorated our girls’ bedroom and creating a few small decor pieces was included in the project.
In this article, I’ll show you what we made and the products we used. These projects were so easy even the girls helped out!
- Girl’s Bedroom Makeover Essentials
- Limitless Walls Bedroom Transformation
- Repurposed Window Sash Note Board Key Rack Combo
Tools, Supplies, and PPE
I’ve linked to several different retailers below for your convenience. I encourage you to shop around as I’ve found that each item may sell for less at a different retailer.
DEWALT 12″ Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
DEWALT Rolling Miter Saw Stand
DEWALT 10″ Table Saw With Rolling Stand
Arrow Staple Gun
Arrow Glue Gun
Personal Protective Equipment
Firm Grip Dura-Knit Gloves
RZ Mask Dust Mask
3M Safety Glasses
Related Article: PPE: DIYers Should Use Personal Protective Equipment
*Cannot be combined with other promo codes. Can only be used one time, per person.
Plaid Paint Bedroom Decor
We’ve used Plaid products for years and are always on the lookout for fun craft ideas. Our kids love to paint, so there’s always excitement in the house when we bring out the crafting supplies!
For this bedroom makeover, we made hanging wood frames for our watercolor paint art, a small sign, canvas art, and picture frame art.
Watercolor Painting With Hanging Wood Frame
- Step 1: Cut and rip the wood strips that will be used for the frame. (1 1/2″ wide x 1/8″ think and long enough to overlap both sides of the print by 1″)
- Step 2: Use a tape measure or ruler to center the print on the frame.
- Step 3: Place the frame pieces on the print according to your measurements.
- Step 4: Staple the frame together.
- Step 5: Tie a knot in your hanger string, then staple and glue it to the back of the frame.
Picture Frame And Canvas Art
- Step 1: Mix the colors and pouring medium individually in separate cups.
- Step 2: Pour the mixtures onto the material. (Gold is last)
- Step 3: Move the canvas or picture frame side to side to allow the paint to spread.
- Step 4: Once fully covered, allow the paint to fully dry.
Sign And Easel
- Step 1: Apply chalk paint to your sign.
- Step 2: Add your message via stencil of choice.